• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Welcome Susiet88

Hi, my daughter, 32 has had Crohn's for about 5 yrs. (diagnosed), now my other daughter, 35 is having some similar issues, severe pain in ileum area, provoked by soy and wheat, though rarely has diarrhea. She took a barium pill Dec. 13, didn't drink enough water apparently, and became extremely ill. She is still not feeling well, no appetite. Is it possible that she has not passed the barium. The DR said that she had a possible obstruction.

Hi Susie,

First welcome to the forums.

If she has an obstruction she wouldn't have passed the barium.

If its an obstruction she needs to be seen again asap. Depending on how bad it is surgery will most likely be required.

Astra

Hi Susie
and welcome

Yeah, does sound possible, she really needs to get it investigated further. If there is an obstruction there could be complications, infection etc.
The doc sounds quite flippant doesn't he?
What's he doing about it?
Joan xxx

Hi, thanks for replying. The DR just said to schedule a colonoscopy or go to the ER if you need. We weren't very impressed with the DRs. Her intestinal pain seems to be provoked by wheat and soy. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Though, my other daughter, who has been diagnosed with Crohn's keeps hers under control by avoidance of certain foods. She can't eat popcorn, onions, lettuce and several other foods, they bring on a flare up quickly. She is now pregnant, after having a still born baby last Oct. Does anyone know of relationship between a certain gene which links Crohn's and Preterm Premature Rupture of Membrane, which is what they diagnosed her still birth, as the PPROM, not due to Crohn's.