• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello from frozen Canada!

Hi all!

I am a Crohns patient, and have been since August 2007. I didn't know I had it until a hospital visit one early Friday morning due to intense stomach pain. 11 days after being admitted to the hospital, I was rushed in for emergency surgery due to a bowel perferation. I lived with an ostomy bag for 6 months, and was reconstructed in February of 2008. Since then I have had up's and downs, been on Pentasa, Imuran, Metronidazol, and of course, the dreaded Prednisone. I'm happy to have found this forum, and look forward to many chats with you!

JSummer :)

JS - Don't know about ALL of Canada (BC's pretty temperate), but I have a good friend who lives in Winnipeg, and it is INSANELY cold there this time of year! -27F/-33C was the low a couple days ago. I don't see how you guys stand it & you have my sympathy!

Welcome to the forum! As Joan said, lots of Canadians here!

Thanks ChefSazzy! I was diagnosed at Concordia but was transferred to St. B for the surgeries. I take all my "business" to St. B from then on! They are awesome there.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Hi and welcome! Glad to have you aboard the forum.

One of my friends now lives in Winnipeg and she says she knows she's used to being there because now -40 with wind chill "doesn't feel so bad."

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome! I'm from frozen Alaska, your neighbor to the west. It's always nice to meet a fellow Crohnie.

Welcome to the forum from (I think) cold Texas! -40???? Oh burrrrr! It goes below 40, above that is, I reach for my long johns!

Michele