• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Long time listener, first time caller

long time listener, first time caller

Hello, Where to start ? Not much on chatting, but this forum has already helped my understanding of my illness. thank you all for that. I have had stomach issues for most of my life. DX with crohns in 1994, and had surgery in 1997. That for the most part put me in remission till about 2 years ago, since then I have had a colonoscopy, that showed my crohns was active again. Now doctor wants me on cimzia. Infact in my fridge, just cant take it due to tooth infection. Dealing with th "VA" and they are starting to really piss me off. Anywho, I'm sure I will detail my story in greater detail later. thanks

sawdust

Welcome poopaholic. I'm glad you've found the forum and hope it's as much a help to you as it has been to me.

Do you have a VA advocate? The radio station I listen to has been running PSAs concerning ways to get the care you need from the VA. It sounds to me that it's an advocate that knows the ways to appropriately meet the bureaucracies to get the care you need, which (politics removed) ungrateful paperwork run-around (politics removed) cryin' shame (politics removed) billy goat on a stick. ;) I will scribble down the phone number next time I hear it and PM it to you. Not sure if it will help or not, but it's the least I can do to honor your service.

Astra

Hi poop
and welcome

Yeah, fab username!
hope you find some comfort and support here with us.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx