• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Coming off modulen.

Hi I'm Kyle
I did have a previous account that I posted in a couple of months ago, but I forgot my password so I made a new one. (Sorry if this makes it harder for moderators)

I was diagnosed with crohns in early December 2010, and went on a modulan diet for 7 weeks. I am in the final stage of my food re introduction stage now which is good, however, I do have one question. I get really bad heartburn now, so they said to take pills for it but it doesn't have to be every day, just when I need it. The problem is when I take it they give me reaallllly bad wind that causes me so much pain in the side of my stomach sort of area.
Has anyone else had this problem? I am 14 if that makes a difference.

Hi Kyle and welcome back.

i had a prob with heartburn when i was on pred last month, doc gave me Lansoprazole which gave me no side-effects, but im pretty windy anyway!

Ian

Hi Kyle and welcome back.

i had a prob with heartburn when i was on pred last month, doc gave me Lansoprazole which gave me no side-effects, but im pretty windy anyway!

Ian
Hi thanks for the reply....yeah I was given Lansoprazel (or whatever) too, I have been put on two a day now and it seems to have sorted it. :)