• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A quick intro - 20 yrs of Crohns and counting..

Hi all,

I'm Alex and I was first diagnosed with Crohns when I was 15yrs of age. Now 36 it's been a major part of my life, some good, some bad.

I had a ressection about 12 yrs ago which has improved my standard of life considerably but it didn't solve the problem as the inflammation did come back.

Currently on:

Azathioprine
Pentasa (Mesalazine)
Ferrous Sulphate
B12 injections

Have my good days and bad days, side effects present in everyday life for me are:

Can't taste my food properly (possibly down to the medication)
Bad temper, short fuse (sometimes)

I generally live a fairly normal life, diet is good, not too many trips to the WC, but it could be better.

I decided to join this forum to gain further knowledge and see what others are experiencing. Hope to be able to provide others with experiences I've had over the last couple of decades.

Alex :ybiggrin:

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
HI Alex,welcome!! Wow there have been alot of newbies this week, can't keep up! I too had a resection laproscopic, 1993 and one in 2003 (something about a 3 in the year,scares me now lol) but I have used all available meds, including the biologics. Everyone is different and sometimes I feel the longer on meds the more you have to switch about and stay away from stress. But like you have had 3 good months and then boom this month not so nice and a nasty cold to boot. I take it one day at a time and dont have any expectations because I know better. Been dx'd a long time and suffered with Diahreah for many years prior! Glad you found us, hope you join in!

Astra

Hi Alex
and welcome

Yes, we're very popular this week!
Stick around, lots of friends here for you
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

ameslouise

Hi Alex and welcome!

Glad you're feeling well for the most part right now! Hope you find lots of good info and friends on here. Being a long-time Crohnie, I am sure you have lots of good advice to offer, too!

- Amy

Hey Alex! Welcome to the forum! :)

It's a great place to be for information and making new friends. The support here is AMAZING! Glad you found us!

Thank you for the warm welcome, it's good to be able to openly discuss things like this, I've always kept this close to my chest (with the exception of close family). I've read some very interesting posts so far, great to have all this info here.

Hi Alex

Welcome :) I'm new to the forum too. It's a great place to learn more about our "problem" and to meet great likeminded people :) Take care.

Paula
x

Welcome to the Forum Alex!
I'm sure you will fit right in and will
also find a lot of useful information here...

Hugs~Nancy

Ian

Hi Alex, glad you're enjoying the forum. It's good to hear that your symptoms aren't too debilitating. Have you any plans to try any other forms to treatment to see if things can be improved?

Hi Im also a newbie and am loving all the info and being able to discuss things will people who are going through the same as me