• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Greetings to all I am NEW !

Hello my name is John Pusinsky, I am a stay at home dad and I home school my 14 year old daughter. I was diagnosised with Crohn's in 2009 after years of doctors not taking me serious. I am Bipolar as well and for years I was told nothing ws wrong with me, even though I have had diarrea for the past 8 years, the last 4 years have been the worse. I now have a vitamin B3, B12, Vitamin D Deficencys from malabsorption. I have internal hemroids, ulcers in my large intestine and colon. I have bile leaking into my intestines as well. I have had my Crohns confirmed by colonoscopy and endoscopy. I get a colonoscopy once a year.

A few other conditions I have is kidney stones (recent 7mm), gallbladder removed (gall stones and infection), tremor and migraines.

I am on Entocort, prednisone and Canasa suppository. I also take B12 as well.

Last edited:

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi John and welcome to the forum. I think most of us here can relate to being told that there's nothing wrong with us (or that it's just stress, depression, etc). Glad to hear you finally got a proper diagnosis. I'm still undiagnosed myself so I know how important it is to have a diagnosis, and how frustrating it is to wait a long time for answers. Glad to have you aboard and hope you stick around the forum!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi John and welcome! First off, way to go for being a stay at home dad and for home schooling your daughter - I think that is just wonderful! I am sorry to hear it took you so long to get your diagnosis, which took a toll on your body. But how have you been feeling since you began treatment? I hope much, much better.

I take Canasa nightly, too. It's not my favorite way to medicate, but it does the trick. *Knock on Wood* But are you taking anything as far as a maintenance med? Entocort and Pred should not be taken long term and you need something other than the Canansa (being it is so localized) to fight off inflammation.

ameslouise

Hi John and welcome!

We seem to have a lot of Americans joining lately!

I had the same question as Jill regarding long term maintenance meds that are stronger. Are you taking anything for the bipolar disorder? Just wondering how that might interact with Crohns and Crohn's meds.

Have a peak around the forum. Lots of good info and nice folks around here!

- Amy

Hi John! and welcome to CF!

We are disease twins, hahaha! I, too, have bipolar disorder(and Crohn's). What does your pdoc think about you taking the prednisone? Mine was not overly thrilled, lol! But since it was a short course (I started at 20 for a week, then 10 for 3 days, then none) it was just a "be careful" type of scenario.

Anyway, there's a lot of info on the site, so enjoy! See you around the boards.:)

Astra

Hi John
and welcome

So glad you've finally got a diagnosis, being told you're depressed, neurotic and mental is so soul destroying, I know, cos I had that label for nearly 15 years!
Hope you stick with us for some support and comfort
lotsa luv
Joan xxx