• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Welcome Saveena

Hello everyone,

Ive never registered for somethinglike this but I am hoping that it helps me. About a year ago I was diagnosed with Crohns/colitis. I am 28 years old and I am having a really hard time dealing with the disease and the flare ups. I was wondering if there was a support group that we could attend or maybe even create. I live in the halifax area and would love to just get some feedback or here peoples stories and the ways in which they deal with crohns and the horrible flare ups that accompany the disease. Its only been a year since the diagnosis however I would like to learn as much from the people that have the disease and the ways they combat the problem. I hope you can help.

Thank you so much for your time.

Saveena

Astra

Hi Saveena

Glad you found us, there are loads of friends here for you, we have a great support network going on here!
Have a mooch round the forum, lots of info, depending on what you want to know.
Tell us your story, what meds are you on?
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Saveena... there is help here and depending on what Country you are in... the US http://www.ccfa.org/ and in Canada www.ccfc.ca and there is one in the UK dont know that one by heart. Joanie can you post it. What country are you in so someone maybe able too help you with your question. Glad you are here.

Hi Saveena!!

You've come to the right place for all your virtual support needs! I'm sure you have been reading through some of the posts here. CF contains many subforums with wonderful info to cover all sorts of questions. If you can't find an answer, start a new thread to let us know whats going on. Most times someone will have an answer for you, and if not, then you will be pointed to another source.

Sorry to read that you are having a rough time of it lately, but stick around. We have a great community here!

Welcome to CF! See ya around the boards!:)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome, Saveena! Well, I think the forum is a great support group, though we may not meet in person. Just think, someone is always here for you 24/7 to answer your questions, provide advice, or give support. So, look around and post your questions, comments, or concerns. I guarantee you'll get responses quickly!

Hi Saveena,
Plenty of stories and support here...
I guess you've come to the right place!

Sorry you've been having a hard time, but perhaps it might be more worrisome if you were not struggling with all this!

Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you.
Walt
:D

Hi Saveena,
Are you a member of NACC? (new working name is Crohn's and Colitis UK) Check out their website, they list all the available groups according to areas. I know that we down in S Wales have meeting's every month, we also organise quarterly patient info evening's at local hospitals. In the meantime, this is a great place for support and an endless amount of info.
Welcome aboard! x

Hi Saveena,
Welcome to the forum. This forum is my support group - maybe it can be for you too. This is a great groups of people here - ready to help with any problem or just listen.

ameslouise

Hi Saveena and Welcome!

You've come to the right place for support and advice!

Is your diagnosis Crohn's or Crohn's Colitis or Ulcerative Colitis?

Are you taking any meds to make you feel better and control the disease?

Hope you are feeling okay - enjoy poking around the forum and meeting everyone!

- Amy