• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Its back again.....

Hi im very new to this sort of thing and a bit nervous ! :yrolleyes:
I was first diagnosed with crohns in Nov 1999 I was 24 and didnt have a clue what was going on just that I was in a lot of pain and knew that other going ons were not right ! I remember taking various tablets including Prednisolone.
Unfortunatly I had to have emergency surgery on Boxing day 1999 and they removed all of my colon and formed a mucus fistula and stoma. One year later I had to return for more surgery to remove the mucus fistula and my rectum to make the iliostomy permanent.
Having the iliostomy helped me to return to a pain free life and no crohns and no medication. Ive had two lovely boys with no probs during pregnancy.
Just before christmas last year I saw blood and had stomach pains had an endoscopy last week through my stoma and the Crohns has returned.
Im so very lucky to have had 11 years without Crohns I know that but I feel so sad that it has returned so could do with a bit of support and maybe give some support to others I hope :hug:
Thanks for reading my story - Becky xx

I'm so sorry to hear that the Crohn's has returned. I can only imagine how that must feel after all you have already gone through. Hopefully you will be able to get it back under control quickly. There always seems to be some new medication or treatment to give hope for a speedy recovery. Best Wishes!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Becky and welcome! I am very sorry your Crohn's is back. I wish you could have continued a life of remission. What is your plan of attack? Whatever it is, I hope it does the trick and sends your CD back in remission for many more years.

Thankyou for the kind words- already made me feel better. Im taking Budesonide 3 times a day. Ive got another appointment in May but at the moment I really dont know what to do. I know things have changed greatly in 11 years in the knowledge on how to treat crohns but Im not sure where to start to help myself with diet etc. xx xx

Hi Becks,
I also have an Ileostomy and I'm in remission since. My doc told me to stay on Humira anyway and reading your story helps me to understand why.

Good luck getting this under control and welcome to the forum.

Becky, I'm sorry for you that it has come back. 11 good years and now you'll have to get back into fighting mode for a while and try to get things under control again. I'm not sure what your next step will be, but please keep us updated and know you are cared about here and we are all pulling for you! :hang:

ameslouise

Hi Becky and welcome!

I'm sure there are many new meds since 11 years ago so there's lots for you to try to knock the Crohn's back before it spreads. Good luck - keep us posted!

Nice to hear tht you had 11 great years!!! - Amy

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Have you notice the Budesonide to be helping? May is not around the corner. If you feel you are getting worse, don't hesitate to ring your GI and try to get you in sooner.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Becky and welcome...glad to hear you had so many good years - not glad to hear you are having problems...hopefully you'll be able to get in sooner rather than later - and please, if things do keep going down hill - don't be afraid to go to A&E!

Hi Becky! I'm so sorry you are out of remission. There ARE all kinds of new treatments now that help very much. Good luck feeling better and welcome to the forum!

Hi thankyou for all your lovely messages. Had a good day today, got some energy and met up with Run club wich always makes me feel better. Im feeling like a yoyo, one min im up and have energy the next im in pain and feel terrible. Cried myself to sleep last night as some days I feel like im just fighting with myself. :runaway:
I hope I have another good day tomorrow. Sorry for the rant.
Becky xx

Last edited: