• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

A short introduction

a short introduction

hello everyone. i was diagnosed with crohn's disease and reflux back in 2006, at the age of 15. i found this website while googling to possibly find some human feedback regarding treatment. i am currently in the midst of my 2nd (3rd?) flare-up.

after browsing a bit, it seems like the disease has not really affected me as much as most members here, but it could just be that i tend to be a bit too carefree.

not sure how active i'll be here, i'm not a big fan of complaining or spending a great deal of time discussing how badly i feel, but i hope i can find my own niche here whatever that may be.

current medications:
azathioprine 125 mg split 75 morning 50 night
calcium 1000 mg
omeprazole magnesium 20.6 mg
prednisone 30 mg weaning by 10 mg every week

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I hope that you find what you are looking for on here. There are a lot of knowledgeable and supportive individuals, so if you can't find what you are specifically looking for then it's worth starting your own thread.

Complaining or discussing how bad you feel is not compulsory! If you are feeling good today or you have found something that may be of help to others please let us know.

Mark

thanks Mark. I am sure that i worded my post poorly, apologies if it comes off in an undesirable manner towards anybody :)

Hello Primary. Your signature made me smile :) I'm a Crohn's suspect at the moment and don't have all of the classic symptoms but the forum has been great for me in finding ways to alleviate some of the symptoms without medication until I get a diagnosis.

ameslouise

Hi Primary and welcome!

We welcome lurkers and even love when they post from time to time! :)

Lots of nice folks here with tons of knowledge and we tend to laugh almost as much as we complain!

- Amy

Welcome Primary:)

and I hope you condition remains manageable, I love the sign off :lol2:

Whether complaining, updating, questioning, answering, celebrating, supporting, laughing or proving we can discuss subjects other than IBD ;) I'm sure you'll find yourself a valued member of the forum

Get stuck in :D

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Primary and welcome! I hope you can kick your current flare quickly and get back to feeling good! And please consider hanging around the forum. It's a wealth of knowledge and support; it has helped me greatly and I am sure it can help you, too.

Hi Primary! Whatever you want to contribute or not contribute to the forum is just fine with us! This isn't a job where you have a quota to meet! We are all here for different reasons, and get different things out of what we read as well as bring to the table. You are Welcome here!