• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

Hey everyone! I'm new here and new to crohn's so I thought I would introduce myself. In september 2010 I was dx with terminal ileitis. Valentines day I had my colonoscopy (what a great gift) but there was too much inflammation in my cecum to pass the scope. I was started on Pentasa 4g and Flagyl 750 mg. A week later I was getting worse, so I started on Prednisone 40mg and a liquid diet. After a week on pred I was almost pain free. Once I tapered down to 25mg it all started coming back. As of now my GI says I "most likely" have crohn's. I go tomorrow for my first appt since my scope and hopefully I will get some answers. One thing is for sure, everyday is an adventure with this. I never know if it will be constipation, diarrhea or what food will become my enemy. :wink:

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Hi Ambermeghan! I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now. I hope you get the answers you need soon. Trust me, this forum helps so much when you need a friendly ear (or eye, I guess), when you need information, or when you simply need validation that your symptoms are real and other people have gone through what you are going through. welcome to our little sickly family!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Amber! Ouch, on Valentines Day?! That tops mine - I had my first colonoscopy on the day after my 3rd wedding anniversary. So, we celebrated our day with my husband serving me my prep (he had to mix it with apple juice because I literally couldn't keep it down) and running in and out of the bathroom!

I am glad the Pred had you feeling so much better in a week, but I am sorry to hear tapering didn't go well. Many people have this issue if they try tapering too quick. This should be at the top of the discussion list with the doctor, because you don't want to stay on Pred for a long period of time due to its side effects.

Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow!

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome to the forum, Amber. We are glad that you have decided to join us. This is a wonderful place to get answers regarding your disease, and to get the support and friendship to help you through rough times.

I think both you and Jill beat me. I had my colonoscopy the day before Thanksgiving.