• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Junt's Story

Hey everybody this is my story how I've ended up here.

I started getting pains seven years ago and its only been getting worse since. I'm still undiagnosed and continue to see doctors all the time. I had to leave my first doctor because he told my family I was lying about everything. 90% of my life I feel pain or uncomfortable with the "huge" attacks coming randomly. some foods can trigger the pain and soccer and work(heavy lifting) have become hell. The SHARP pain is above the belly button, its the worst pain I have ever felt and renders me useless, the only position I can deal with is crossed legged and hunched over. the pain lasts anywhere from 30 Minutes to 16+ hours. my tummy also gets inflammed.If I pee or poo while I have the pain, it is the single worst pain to deal with, im scared SHITLESS of going to the washroom. the stomach pain alone is a 10/10 but when I go to the washroom its 20/10. im on no medication, I have no job, I havnt been able to live a life in 7 years . I cant even get on disability

Last edited:
im not here to complain, just please ask me anything, my doctors trying to put me on cipralex, what should I do?

and sorry for not going super in depth im using an ON SCREEN keyboard and it takes forever ill be here to answer anything, is there something you think my doctors missing??

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Junot, and welcome to the forum. You don't need to apologize for venting. This forum is all about seeking comfort, help, and support. If anybody understands, we do. Crohn's Disease is full of ups and downs. Please make yourself at home and participate in some of the terrific threads.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Junot and welcome! Are you unable to see a doctor and get medication because you are unemployed? I am unsure of how the health care system works in Canada, but I thought there was some type of universal health care. It is important you find a way to get treatment before things get worse. I truly hope you can get some assistance and treatment so you can start feeling better.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Whilst the Canadian medical system is better than most, you still have to have insurance for the meds. If you cant get on disability (I tried too, was off too long before I applied) you should get assisstance. For meds you can call Trillium they cannot refuse you and you pay by any income source. No one should suffer. I do know about doctors thinking it is all in your head...been there. What part of Canada are you in, perhaps someone in your area can help you out or give advice for your province. :hang:

ameslouise

Hi Junot and welcome. There's plenty of Canadians on here, including the very knowledgable Pen ^^ that can help you navigate the system and get the help you need!!!

There's lots of good advice here and information!

What kind of tests have you had??

- Amy

Thanks for all the replies you guys are amazingly helpful.
The reason im unmedicated is because im not diagnosed with anything and my doc has no idea whats goin on. I've had the barium test 4 CT Scans, colonoscopy, that test where they shoot you with some special needle than make you lie still for like half an hour under some giant machine. I've had other smaller tests but those were the big ones. I went to the emergency twice last month and I only go to the ER if the pain is just completely over taking me, I try to stay at work or soccer but theres a point where I just CANT stand or move. oddly enough ive never found blood in my stool. the biggest problem I have is just how bad the pain is. I was told I had a small ulcer 7 years ago, I did the anti biotics and nothing changed I was than told I never had an ulcer and that was the last time I was diagnosed I tried nexium it did nothing. hes now trying to put me straight to cipralex(anti depressant) but I told him thats the wrong direction and that I dont feel

comfortable with it. my whole family have no clue how to handle this and are always yellin at me to work. im also an asthmatic and take ventolin. I have found trigger foods but sometimes I wont know what caused the attack. I live in Victoria BC and we have a crohns and colitis center but I dont know WHAT I have so I dont even know if I should go. It seems that everything I eat makes me uncomfortable no matter what, just some worse than others

Last edited: