• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

I am 19 and just recently diagnosed with Crohn's. I was in the hospital for 5 weeks with what the doctors thought was just a ruptured appendix and infection due to that and had two surgeries, but after 2 weeks out was sick again. Went back in for 2 more weeks and had 6" of my intestine taken out and was given my diagnosis. I.m currently on 6MP and Lialda with hydros for really bad pain. I.m just here for the community and support. I.m becoming more depressed with no one to talk to and I can.t really talk to anyone I know because no one really understands what I.m going through and I don.t want my parents to worry about me more than they already do.

Hey Ally!

I am glad you found the forum :D
Im sorry you have been through so much. A lot of us can relate to what you are going through. You are smart for reaching out as it has been the best thing I have done in terms of dealing with this disease. You are definitely not alone... and you can post as much as you need to on here. I recently had a friend offer to take me to a food and drink fest because I am in a flare. I know he has the best intentions but they really dont get it ..lol.. then I feel bad because I feel like I am always passing him up on his offers. I dont like that I have to be the one to educate everyone ..especially when I have very little energy

Anyhow... welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people on here and there is a ton of information.
Please keep us posted on how you are!
Wendy

Astra

Hiya Ally
and welcome

you're no longer alone with this, now that you've found us, we'll look after you!
Hopefully once the 6MP kicks in, you'll start to feel a bit better, give it time.
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Ally! Whenever you want to talk, day or night, you'll find someone here who is in the same exact boat. We are in this together!

I hope your meds kick in soon and you start feeling better! I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

ameslouise

Hi Ally and welcome!

We are here and we totally understand. Whatever you are feeling - emotional or physical - someone on this forum has been thru it! I understand you don't want to upset your parents, but you're still relatively young and you should make sure they are familiar with the disease and how it's going to affect you. It helps to have the support of your family, even if they can't understand exactly what you are going thru.

Hope you start to feel better real soon!

- amy

Hi buddy,
Well today is one of those frustratingly sick days for me ALTHOUGH I am very grateful forthis forum it gives me a place to vent and here encouragement from people that I know understand how shitty. This disease is ( ha ha. ) if u ever wanna talk or vent or just be silly I have found that there is always someone around. Welcome and beat wishes.

KElly

Ally,

Hi Dr. S here. My spouse has Crohn's and she has felt isolated too. Crohn's is not a well-known disease and the psychological ramifications are almost as worse as the physical ones. I think my spouse worries most about pooping her pants at work. And then her diet is so restricted...eating out has become difficult. I suggest you do a lot of venting on this site. People here really understand all the crap you are going through...and I have found they give really good advice. It sucks you are only 19...as explaining it to your friends won't be easy. But try to educate them...at least your close friends. And you always have us at the forum.

Dr. S

sawdust

Welcome Ally! You're in the right place to talk with people who really do understand. What I get from the forum here, especially, is a patient's perspective. I have found this really helpful. It's not that doctors don't explain things to us, but somehow, hearing about symptoms, treatments, procedures, tests, etc, from others who've been where you are is really valuable. I hope you feel better soon and find what you're looking for here in this community.