• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Apple recipes

apple recipes

does anyone have any recipes i can use with cooking apples that will be tummy friendly :) im not gluten intolerant or lactose intolerant..although i cant drink full fat milk
thank you
x

I like blending apples with dates and cinnamon (my Vitamix destroys the skins so I can leave them on; if you don't have a high-powered blender, I'd remove at least some of the skins). Sometimes I will add some other types of fruit for a different type of applesauce. Super easy and cheap if you find apples on the reduced produce rack at your grocery store.

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but I love it. It's like a grilled cheese with apples and mustard--only I don't heat it, or only slightly, and use the following:

-Two slices of sprouted bread
-1/2 to 3/4 apple sliced thin
-raw organic cheddar cheese, I cover one of the bread slices
-mustard spread on both bread slices

Maybe experiment with salt, on cheese, and cinnamon, on apples. If you can handle the ingrediants, I assure it's tasty.