• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doing a crohns walk

S

Stuffette

doing a crohns walk

I am signed up to do a crohns walk next Saturday in Long Island, NY. I hope I am feeling ok. All kidding aside, this is a 5 mile walk/run so I hope there are a lot of porta potties set up along the route. I used to run cross country is high school and had to give it up because the running sent me right the the locker room bathroom for an hour.

Anyone else ever do a crohns walk?

E

Evagation

I've never done a Crohn's walk (with my arthritis, I can't comfortably walk for long periods of time, makes my knees ache) but YAY FOR YOU! I think it's great that you're doing a Crohn's walk--not only because it's a way to raise awareness about Crohn's but you're also showing the world that having Crohn's doesn't mean that we can't live full, somewhat normal lives.

I hope this doesn't sound too cheesy -- Thank you for going on the Crohn's walk. I might be on a completely different side of the country, but I'll be thinking happy thoughts for you, and that they have those portapotties. You're awesome.

Katie.