• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I have crohns but crohns doesn't have me!

:lol2:Hi all!
The forum asked that I tell a bit about myself so here goes:
I have severe crohn's. I was diagnosed in May of 2006 as a result of a perferation. I've had 9 surgeries, and 3 feet of my small intestine and 2 inches of my colon removed. I've tried every treatment on the market, and allot of trials too! Nothing has worked to date!
I have tried several alternative treatments too, you name it i've probably done it! LOL!
What I also have is a positive attitude about life. I'm here to live my life, not worry about how little I may have or my crohns. I am proactive in my life. Period. I use laughter as a way to heal, brings new meaning to "laugh til it hurts!".
What I do about my crohns today is take care of my good health as much as I can. I used to drink liquid supplements for energy, but the side effects just made the crohns side effect worse (if that can actually happen!LOL) So now I take a natural supplement that makes up for the food I can't eat, or the nutrients I don't get. So far (about 8 months) my crohns has eased way up, my energy level is up and I'm actually feeling like I'm alive again! WooHoo! If anyone has any questions please message me, I'll respond to all! I truly hope all of you live well, live life, just live!

Last edited:
You just made me smile :) I know it must be so hard sometimes when you feel so ill and when life seems really unfair, but I always try and live by the idea that, if for instance you lost both your legs or something, you can either be miserable about having no legs, or you can just try and happy and make the most of life. You may as well; because at the end of the day your'e still going to have no legs but this way you're stumpy and happy not stumpy and grumpy! A bizarre analagy but I hope it makes sense!

David

Co-Founder
Welcome! Wow, you're so inspiring :) Good for you having such a positive outlook on life! I wish we could bottle that up, it would make the world such a happier place :)

I hope to see you and your bubbliness around the forum a lot more! :)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Raeleene and welcome! You are a true inspiration! You have been through so much and still have such a great attitude. Thank you for joining our community!