• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

G-tube vs. Humira

M

MediocreGenius

So basically, I'm looking for some input on pros/cons. I can choose between getting a G-tube and Humira. Right now, I'm using an NG-tube, with a clear liquid diet and it's rather daunting sometimes. I miss eating.

does anybody else around here has a G-tube? I might get one after I graduate, but I'm not sure if I want to. I could also try Humira, but the side effects make me nervous. I'm particularly interested in how long you had to wait before eating some normal food again. : )

C

ccarp001

i would say go for Humira! talk to your doc, but it's going well for me. no side affects aside from some breakouts. the injection is not a big deal at all. Humira has really helped me so far; I can eat foods i used to not be able to, and I feel better overall.