• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi Everyone

I am new to this so not sure what to write really so I'll just tell you a short bit about me. I have have been diagnosed with crohns of the illeum and some in the large intestine for nearlly a year now.I am taking 150mg of azathioprine and have times of feeling well and then slipping back down ,when there are no symptons its great but lately have had a lot of low back pain and stiffness in my joints,I feel pretty tired all the time I work in a busy kitchen and stand up all day,so I never know if to put all pain down to the crohns or not,it seems you could put every ach and pain down to the illness because it can have affects on nearlly everything.I think I,m getting paranoid about it.
Reading other peoples experiences really helps me,as I just want to understand IBD and learn how to help myself to feel better.
Thanks for all the information thats out there x

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Victoria! I completely understand what you are saying about how you feel well and then slip back down. It is so unpredictable, too, which makes it harder to deal with. However, I just try my best to make the most of the good days!

Have you discussed all of your joint/back pain with your doctor? Is there anything that can ease the pain? I sure hope the pain will subside and you start having more good days than bad.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Victoria, welcome to the forum :)

I totally understand the paranoia you're feeling. I get so attached to my emotions and how I feel. Sometimes it's hard to just enjoy day to day life.

I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of useful information here. If you can't, just ask, I'm sure someone can help :)

See you around!

Hi welcome :)

I can relate with the joint pain and exhaustion and it can get frustrating and worrisome for every thing that you feel.

Hi Victoria and welcome to the Forum! :)
I can certainly identify with the tiredness and exhaustion...
I'm sure most of it is from the Crohn's.
Make yourself at home here...
any questions just ask!

Welcoming hugs~Nancy

ameslouise

Hi Victoria and welcome!

I hear ya - I think the fatigue is the worst part of Crohns! And it's hard not to wonder/worry that every little ache, pain and twinge you feel is Crohn's related!

You have come to a wonderful place for information and support! Lots of knowledgeable folks and good advice here!

- Amy