• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

#1survivor

I was originally diagnosed with chrohns on 1999 two weeks after my wedding. My husband and I were sitting home and all of the sudden I felt the most horrible pain ever. I was doubled over. I went to the hospital had labs drawn and had a colonoscopy. The doc told me it was definitely chrohns. I was on and off prednisone for 7 years. My chrohns finally went Into remission. Yeah. But I became pregnant had an excellent pregnancy. Didn't even have any nauseA. When my baby was 2 weeks old I had to be admitted to the hospital for a month. Several blood transfusions, remicade, mercaptopurine and prednisone. After about 2 doses of remicade. I haven't had a flare in 4 years. But guess what. I had to have a pacemaker and defibrillator because of viral cardiomyopathy. My docs r now talking about placing me on the heart transplant list. I'm a single mom now. I wS working full time and didn't miss a beat. Some days Are difficult to get going. But somedays I amaze myself. Even my docs r surprised at how much I get done and do daily. Most people can't tell by looking at me that I have serious health conditions. I refuse to act and look like I feel. I'm young and don't want to be an invalid. Thank God my chrohns is under control. I found this forum by accident. Everyone keep hour head up. We all get sunshine sometimes.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us by accident and hope you stick around and occasionally provide support to others while getting any you need as well :)

You've certainly had a tough time of it, it's impressive that you're able to keep a positive outlook like you do. Good for you! It's certainly inspiring :)

See you around!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! I am so happy your Crohn's is under control, but I am so sorry about your heart issues. Do your doctors think it is Crohn's related? You are a very strong person to go through all of this and to still have such a positive/fighting attitude. You truly are the #1survivor!

Being that your doctors are discussing a transplant, is the pacemaker not doing it's job? I sure hope your doctors will find the best way to address your heart problems and I hope your Crohn's continues to remain in remission. I wish you all the luck in the world and please keep us in the loop!

ameslouise

Hi Survivor and welcome!

Wow, you are a survivor! That's a lot to be dealing with. Glad your Crohn's is under control. I hope you can get the heart problems worked out without a transplant!

Keep on with the positive attitude - it helps a lot!

- Amy

Hi #1survivor and welcome!!! :) This forum is full of wonderful people and You are one of them, no doubt.:dog: Good to have you here with us. :wink: