• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Humira

My medical aid just phoned me with the good news - they approved the use of Humira! I had surgery in 2007, Revellex,prednisone,Pentasa etc and after Pillcam our only option - Humira. While on Revellex I had no complications and I believe this will be the same on Humira. I am greatfull for the opportunity given by my medical aid.:yoshijumpjoy:

Hi Ronel!

Great news about starting Humira! I've been on it for a little over a year now and it has worked wonders for me. Hope you find the same relief from it! :)

Welcome to the forum!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Ronel and welcome!

As Marisa has said, Humira has been a miracle for so many. I sure hope it does the trick for you. Keep us posted!

David

Co-Founder
Hi ronel, welcome and thank you for sharing the exciting news with us! I hope Humira is everything you hope for and much more :)

In case you haven't found your way there, we do have a Humira Forum that you may want to check out.

I hope you share your experiences on Humira with us and maybe one day help others who end up on it. We can all use as much support and information as possible.

See you around! :)

Thank you for your support- today I need this - experience a lot of pain and looking forward to my first treatment possibly in the week of 16 May. Will keep you posted. For the first time I have people supporting me who really understand. No support group in South Africa. I am the first person on my medical aid who got permission for Humira. Maybe I will be in a position to help others in future,

ameslouise

Hi Ronel and welcome!

Good luck with the Humira! I hope it works great for you as it has for many here. Sometimes it takes a while to kick in so be patient! I hope you have something for the pain to tide you over until it starts to work.

- Amy