• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Crohn's in brief

:crab:My dear neighbour told me about this site and I am hooked!!! I have endured Crohns for the best part of 11 years yes the millenium gave me a present to start the 21st century off with. I have like all or most of you have been through the effects of Crohns, the pain, vomitting, runs, weight up and down, the steriods, the giving blood and intestine tissue for studies, had a resection (which did help a lot but the doc waited until I was readywhich was good) and I am on Infliximab which I think is commonly known here as remicade (can't even spell it). Albeit it is a wonder drug but I have been going through some flare ups. But those of you looking to go on it as best as you can put the pain to one side and muster the strength to try and research all about it before you take the great step then you can be satified. I will admit it has given me my life back. Well I don't wish to scare folk but even I'm starting to learn about what I just went with just to stop that pain and be able to eat properly.

Hi,

Welcome aboard. Lots of support and good helpful advice available on here. I'm sure that your shared experiences will be of benefit to others as well.

Mark

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! Glad you found us. This forum has helped me so much to better understand my disease. Also, it just helps to talk to others who know what you are going through.

I am so happy to hear you are doing well on Remicade. How long have you been on it? Regardless, I hope it continues to work for you for years and years!

David

Co-Founder
Greetings! Thank you for sharing your story, I'm glad you found your way here :) It sounds like Remicade has been great for you which is wonderful to hear. If you're ever willing to share some of your wisdom with the folks in our Remicade support forum I'm sure it would be appreciated by all. And we're of course here for you any time you need support as well.

Again, welcome! :)