• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and Celiac

Hi, does anyone have Crohns and Celiac disease?.. How am I supposed to follow a low residue diet diet when I have to take psullium husk everyday.. I can't have corn procucts but with Celiacs and and allergy to yeast thats about all I had left. anyone else have this problem?

Hi Jamie,

I avoid wheat and corn as well.

For carbs I cook brown rice, quinoa and russet/red potatoes.

For quick carbs I buy rice bread and rice tortillas (brand name Food for Life) for sandwiches and such.

hope this helped,

dan

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Jamie. I was just tested for celiac, but results came back negative. During the time I thought I possibly had both, I was worrying about what my diet would be like. It surely is challenging having both.

Have you met with a dietician? That would have been my first step if my results were positive to help set up a diet plan. Good luck!

Go Paleo.
I don't know if I have celiac or not (though apparently the two are very commonly found together), but I don't eat any grains. I've avoided grains for most of 2 years now...
It takes a bit to reshuffle menus, but truly, it's not a big deal anymore.