• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi!

Hi,

My name's Dave, I've had Crohn's disease for about 8 years, I am now 25 and am finally properly using diet. I've literally just started introducing food (I've been on liquid elemental diet for 12 weeks so far) and am going to document exactly how I react to each food in my blog.

I've done white fish and eggs so far, next pear then maybe soya milk or rice I think, anyone got any advice on what foods generally upset them? I've read a lot with regards to things like gluten etc so interested to see what they are like to react with.

Thank you for reading.

David

Hi David!

Wow! 12 weeks on elemental diet! That takes a lot of commitment to do something like that for so long. I wish you look on adding foods to your diet. :)

For me, I have found that corn products (tortillas and chips) can sometimes bother me and give me mucus if I eat too many. Also, sometime grease can give me some grumbliness. Same with high fiber vegetables if I eat too many a couple days in a row.

Though, admittedly, I've been able to tolerate a lot more fibrous foods and have experienced no adverse effects from them. My disease is under control a lot more now than it was a year ago, so I attribute it to that.

It's funny how much everyone differs though when it comes to diet. Hope you find what works for you!

David

Co-Founder
Hey Dave, welcome! It must be exciting to be finally coming off the liquid diet. Our diet forum has a lot of insight and we're compiling a list of safe and unsafe foods here.

I hope your elimination diet goes smoothly and you're back to chowing down on lots of your favorite foods soon :)

See you around the forum. All my best to you!

ameslouise

Hi David and welcome!

Everyone is different - our disease presents differently and how we react to food is different. Good luck adding in new foods and finding those that are safe to you!

- Amy