• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Low FODMAP Diet

Has anyone here tried the low FODMAP diet? I talked to a dietician who specializes in people with Crohn's Disease and she mentioned it. I'm curious if it has helped anyone.

ekay03

My dog has hands!
Never heard of it, so I googled and it sounds interesting. Im gonna read more, but I do think it sounds good and worth a try.

The low FODMAP is similar to Paleo or SCD, both of which cut out grains, particularly glutens, lactose, legumes and sugars and certain fruits and veggies (which seem to vary a bit, based on which diet it is).
But the main precepts of glutens, lactose and legumes seem to be commonalities.

There are a number of people here who do Paleo or SCD (myself included) and claim they've seen significant improvements so I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see similar response to low FODMAP.