• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

Hi there my name is Julia, I am a mum of 2 lovely boys, one which is 3 and one which is 9 months old. I am a housewife and an artist in my spare time. I have had Crohns since i was 11 years old, to begin with only in my mouth, they found my main trigger to be dairy. When i was 18 they found it in my Colon and my intestines. I went into remission for many years until i moved to Italy soon after my first son was born. It was under control using drugs and didnt get worse again until just before i had my second son last year.

Thanks for listening Julia xx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Julia and welcome! I am sorry your CD is acting up again since having your second child. It seems the postpartum period is a touchy time for woman with Crohn's. I sure hope your current flare will get under control soon and you can fully enjoy playing with your little boys!

ameslouise

Hi Julia and welcome!

Sorry to hear things have gone downhill a bit since having your second son. Are you on a different set of meds now? What are you taking?

Hope things quiet down for you soon so you can enjoy your newly expanded family.

- Amy

Hi Julia! Just wanted to pop in and say hello :)

I hope you can find a good med combo to get your disease back into remission! Dairy seems to disturb a lot of other's digestive tracts. Take a look around the forum. There are plenty of threads that may help you target other trigger foods too.

Welcome!

David

Co-Founder
Hi Julia and welcome! I'm pleased you found your way here from Italy :)

I'm sorry to hear you flared up after your son's birth. How is the treatment for Crohn's in Italy compared to your country of origin?