• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Me

Wow it's been about fifteen years since I was diagnosed. I had surgery in 1998 and all was well until about five years ago. In fact I had pretty much considered myself cured and was taking no meeds at all. Well all that has changed. I've had a flair up that has been on again off again for what seems like forever.
Right now I've been having pain when pooping. It's really strainge in that it feels like I'm having a contraction. My whole body is involuntarily pushing. Most of the time not much comes out and I'll feel like I need to go again soon after. This happens about ten to twenty times a day ( and through the night). The sensation of needing to go is so bad that I'm afraid to do a lot of things that will keep me away from a bathroom. Never know when the next one will be the "real" thing.
Thanks

Hi Spaceman, and welcome!

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately... I've had trouble with urgency and cramping, and waking up at night to go to the bathroom, I know how miserable it can be. Have you talked to your doc about treatment for this flare up? Sounds like you need something to get it under control... It won't go away on its own.

Keep us posted on what you do!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Spaceman. I think it is time to speak with your GI and set up some testing if you haven't already. Difficulty going to the bathroom, pain, and the constant feeling of needing to go is not a good sign. I get inflammation in my rectum, and I experience those same symptoms. Best to get checked out - better safe than sorry!