• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

The research im part of.....

This is so me as a child! I had impetigo around the mouth and CONSTANTLY had horribly swollen, sore, chapped lips. Very interesting!

Astra

Me too!
I found some old black and white photos of me after Mum died.
In them I have plasters on my top lip, haven't got a clue why tho! I was only about 7.
I've always been plagued with Impetigo on my chin or lips too.

me too! I constantly have issues with what I thought was excema around my mouth, I hate it drives me crazy...lips swell occaissionally...

Becca I'm also in Chch, not formally diagnosed yet but have my colonoscopy next wednesday....have also been put on a research trial looking at diagnostics

me too! I constantly have issues with what I thought was excema around my mouth, I hate it drives me crazy...lips swell occaissionally...

Becca I'm also in Chch, not formally diagnosed yet but have my colonoscopy next wednesday....have also been put on a research trial looking at diagnostics
Aw thats good that you getting a colonoscopy hopefully it will give you answers, may i ask whose your Gastro doctor??

Lol hes mine too, hes very good don't you think
not seen him yet! I think my symptoms were compelling enough to be sent straight for a colonoscopy from my GP referral....I'm a nurse at the hospital and have worked with him in the past though when he was a registrar, bit embarressing! But hey you seen one a*sehole you seen 'em all right.....thats how I feel anyway and I've seen a fair few:ylol: chron's ones included!!

Good to hear you like him though got a feeling we'll be getting to know each other well in a doctor/patient way!!

not seen him yet! I think my symptoms were compelling enough to be sent straight for a colonoscopy from my GP referral....I'm a nurse at the hospital and have worked with him in the past though when he was a registrar, bit embarressing! But hey you seen one a*sehole you seen 'em all right.....thats how I feel anyway and I've seen a fair few:ylol: chron's ones included!!

Good to hear you like him though got a feeling we'll be getting to know each other well in a doctor/patient way!!
Thats what my GP did just sent me to get a colonoscopy first then had a follow up 2months later which said it was normal then 8months later had another one and it was confirmed then.

Oh real lol well i hope everything goes well for you next week

I'm really hoping to leave there with a diagnosis next week, really worried that it'll be drawn out....feel like life is on hold a little bit at the moment and everything revolves around whether there is a toilet nearby!

What were your symptoms Becca? I've had bloating and mucus for a couple of years, D started in january and hasn't stopped, lost 7kg so far, high CRP and white cells, borderline anaemia, skin tags and boils on my bum, painful joints, scleritis in my left eye and legs covered in what I think were erythema nodosom, other weird skin things going on and the fatigue, so bad....the scleritis was awful I was so miserable with that and was what made me eventually go to the doctor...stool sample was positive for the protein test they do

If all of that does not suggest Chron's then I hate to think what the hell is wrong with me!

I'm really hoping to leave there with a diagnosis next week, really worried that it'll be drawn out....feel like life is on hold a little bit at the moment and everything revolves around whether there is a toilet nearby!

What were your symptoms Becca? I've had bloating and mucus for a couple of years, D started in january and hasn't stopped, lost 7kg so far, high CRP and white cells, borderline anaemia, skin tags and boils on my bum, painful joints, scleritis in my left eye and legs covered in what I think were erythema nodosom, other weird skin things going on and the fatigue, so bad....the scleritis was awful I was so miserable with that and was what made me eventually go to the doctor...stool sample was positive for the protein test they do

If all of that does not suggest Chron's then I hate to think what the hell is wrong with me!
Im sure you will leave with a diagnosis like if they find somethign or not they will tell you if not the biospies may come back with something.

My symptoms were...

Cramping mostly on the left lower abdomin and around pelvic area.
Fissures
Loose bowels
Fevers
Tired all the time
Sinus tachycardia
CRP was 71
Fecal calprotectin was 81
High white cell count and Platelets
I use to weigh 45kgs at age of 16, prednisone put me up to 65kg.
CT Scan showed mild wall thickness of the terminal ileum which led to a colonoscopy showing some ulcers but was only out as mild crohns.
But before all those tests ive had every test i can think of from Blood tests to ultrasound and that.
I also responded to prednisone after i was diagnosed so the said it was Crohns

And i think thats it lol