• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I am losing weight my weight is down to 128

i am losing weight my weight is down to 128

:yfrown:i went to my endometriosis doctor today and told her what was going on and when they checked my weight its 128 right now but i know i have lost more then that before i started to get sick last week my weight was 132 or i think my weight was 138 before i got sick last week and i am worried about it now and the stomach pain is getting worse :yfrown: :poo: but i have had this trouble with keeping my weight up before i met my husband and got married my weight was only 84 or 85 :yfrown:

Have you tried any protein replacement drinks? May not work if you have a lactose intolerance, but if not they might help get some calories into your body without your guts having to do all that work digesting. Boost, Ensure, Carnation Instant Breakfast are all good brands to try.

Are you also seeing a GI and keeping your GP informed about your condition? Sometimes you have to be persistent with doctors to get them to do anything. Does your endometriosis doctor think your stomach pain is from that?

i keep getting the sharp pains and cramping are then followed by the loudest gurgling bubbling noises my endometriosis doctor today heard the sounds and she said its my bowls moving i can feel them moving around no i still have to make a appt with the GI doctor for the first time my reg doctor is sending me to this GI doctor they said they will send my info over to the GI doctor and the GI doctor office should be calling me to make the appt

Definitely keep a close eye on those sounds and pain. I described something exactly like what you describe when I had a partial obstruction! If it gets worse or you start vomiting and/or have a fever, head to the ER immediately!

I hope you reg. doc can get you in to see a GI very soon. It definitely sounds like you've got some active inflammation going on. In a sense, your endo. doctor could be right about it being things just trying to pass through. But, if you do have Crohn's and aren't being treated for the inflammation, it could be very inflammed and narrow, making it hard for food to pass through. You might want to stick to a low residue/low fiber diet to try and ease some of the symptoms. If you do have inflammation, it could make it easier for the food to pass through.

Keep us posted!

Hope all is okay there, sorry to hear that about the weight loss and pains.

Weight loss has been my big issue too for a long time. I've never really been able to put on weight since I was about 12 (8 years ago now) so I think Crohn's started well back into childhood but didn't really get bad until I was diagnosed. Anyway I lost a ton of weight last summer after some stressful events in my life. I went from 150 to 128 when I started Remicade. I'm now up to 162 and that's right where my doctor wants me thank god, I feel like a lump because I've never weighed this much.

Anyway I'm hoping some answers and some form of treatment come your way soon. I do agree with dreamintwilight that you may want to look into meal replacement drinks. I wasn't able to drink them all that well for a long time but then I read on here that some people suggested to drink them extremely slowly. So slowly that like one sip every couple minutes or so would do and that actually did seem to work.