• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My story

have had crohn's for about 15 years now. for the most part i have been off meds for about 12 years now. now if i could figure out why over the past few months i have gained 20 lbs.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum dkhaugen!

Have their been any major changes in your life recently? I know that stress can cause weight gain. A lot of people with IBD have real trouble gaining weight so this might even be a positive sign.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome :)

There are countless potential causes for weight gain, hopefully none of it is due to your CD and can be remedied through basic lifestyle changes.

I wish you well and look forward to seeing you around the forum!

ameslouise

HI DK and welcome!

I'm with David that there are so many potential causes of weight gain.... are you male or female (I'm guessing male due to the short post and lack of details LOL!!) but if you are female it could be hormones or thyroid.

If your diet or exercise hasn't changed - best to get to the doc and see what's going on. Glad your CD has been under control for so many years!!

- Amy

Terriernut

Blame the thyroid, and do have it checked. That Ameslouise is sooo right.

Of course it could be beer. :ylol: Kidders! (or are you sleepwalking and having mexican feasts in the middle of the night?)

Do have a full blood workup though. If it comes back with no issues, you can sell your extra pounds on here, really.

Misty

Really Amy that easy to tell by my post that im a male. and your all right i have make a appointment with my doc. the only issue i have with him that he wants me on meds and i feel if i can keep it under control without any that im going to stay med free. its been about a year since i have had any blood work so its time and im guessing its about time for and upper and lower GI. :(
ill let you guys know how all goes next week.

Welcome dkhaugen!!!!! Do you take any antidepressants or antianxiety meds?? I do, and it cause a lot of weight gain in me! :(