• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi I'm new here :)

Hey guys I'm Luis, I'm 20, and I got diagnosed with crohn's disease when I was 12 years old.
The symptoms I had were abdominal pain, blood, diarrhea and excessive trips to the toilet. It was really complicated in my youth, because I was prescribed a really big dose of cortisone, which made my face really swallow, making my life in middle and high school a really bad experience.
Now I'm taking Imuran and Pentasa and it is much better, since I got rid of cortisone and rarely have blood or abdominal pain.
I decided to join this community because I still have some problems that keep me from getting into remission (which I will ask for help in another thread) like diarrhea and excessive toilet trips, and would like to see how it's like for other people who share the same disease as me.
Cheers!

Hi Luis, hang in there buddy!
This forum will show you that you're NOT ALONE! We've all been there at some time or another...life can be tough but we all get through it somehow.

Just joined myself and there's a wealth of information to be found on this site...do a forum search and you'll likely find out what you need to know.:thumright:

David

Co-Founder
Hi Luis and welcome :) I'm glad you found your way here all the way from Portugal! Just in case you haven't seen it, we have an Imuran Club forum you may want to check out.

Again, welcome! See you around :)