• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

No one wanted to treat me

no one wanted to treat me

Aug 2009 I started showing symptoms, after a couple of weeks without any change and not getting better ( bloody diarreah everyday and bathroom visits more and more frequent) I saw doctor who sent me to a GI. The GI gave me a colonoscopy as soon as he could and then laid out that my symptoms appear to be UC but wouldnt spacfically treat me until biospies came back...well he never ever contacted me again and refused my phone calls. Well I tried to ignor my symptoms but as I prgressivly got worse and as I got worse I went to the ER. The doctor gave me a CAT scan, gave me some IV fluids and threw some pills at me saying "these wont help" and sent me along my way. A couple of months later and I'm going more frequent and more and more blood is coming out and I begin to notice I'm not digesting ANYTHING at all. I give up and go back to the ER, anouther CAT scan some more IV fluids and more pills that just wont work for me and along I go. Finally aug 2010 comes around. Everyone is telling me I have no color and the circles are getting darker under my eyes. I'm not digesting anything so I'm starving all the time but less than two hours later I'm in the bathroom and of coarse there it is. Finally I'm at my wits end, I wake up with stabbing pain in my lower left abdomin. I tell my fiance I need to go to the hospital and he goes to work...so about 8 hours later he gets home and I'm upset so he takes about an hour convincing me to go to the ER one last time. Eventually I break and finally I'm treated. They find I'm severly anemic and I'm just getting worse. I get a blood transfusion and the next day anouther colonoscopy which we find out...the disease ripped through my intestine. Now I severe UC(at the time they thought UC) and immediate treatment followed. I stay in the hospital for an entire week and then released. Two weeks later I get a call saying I have crohns...severe crohns and I'm still trying to get it under control...

Bless your heart...I'm so sorry to hear you've been thru all that. The good news is you now know what is wrong with you and can be treated properly. Crohn's is very serious and can be really frustrating at times. The main thing is controlling it. Hopefully your dr will find the right meds to fit you and you should definetly learn what foods you should and should not eat (that will help alot). If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can. Good luck to you.

Iam sorry your going through all of this. I am new here and haven't been diagnosed but I truly empathize with you...I cant believe they let it go and never treated you. I don't have much experience with all of this yet but if you need someone to talk to I am here ; )

David

Co-Founder
Welcome, I'm glad you were able to find your way here.

Ugh, I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this. At least they now know it's Crohn's so hopefully you can get on a treatment plan that will get you into remission ASAP. Are you currently on any medications?

All my best to you!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I can't believe your GI didn't contact you with the results and wouldn't take your calls! Shocking!!

I am sorry it took so long for you to get your diagnosis and to start treatment. What are you currently taking? How long? I sure hope you start feeling better soon.