• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

first of all , thanks for who create this fourm and thanks for all the members.

my story start when i was in the teenth class ( about 16 years old)
when i get recurent fistula and operated two times :(
after that the surgen think that their is something wrong and refer me to the gastrologist and colonscopy done and i got the shoked news for my 1st time.
he put me on predislone several courses bet when taper the steroid i get flair up again :(
after finsh my schol i decide to join coolege of medicine and i have difcult time to cope with the medical school and crohn disease .
i get 1 to 2 admsion per year and i try imuran , humira but their was not good respone , i still get abdominal pain , diarhea and fistula after the sixth year in the coolege of medicine i have a major operation where my ileum was removes and part of the rectum and place temporary colostomy :( .
3 months later colostomy was removerd and start me on infleximab 5 mg per kg every 8 week for the first year their was good respone but now the espone become week and i an back on predinslone 5 mg per day.
after the operation the pain become better and i did not develop fistula.
now i finsh my medical school and become a doctor , i was planing to be gastrologist but when i swa patient with complicated IBD i get depresion so i decide to be a neurologist.
i get maried 7 months ago and planing to further my postgradute study abrod since i get scholarship from my university.

being victim of crohn will add a great chalange in your life but you should be strong to beat the disease and i am full of hope that we will find a cure for it :ghug:

Good luck

What a brave struggle for you to complete medical school while you were so sick. I hope that things go better for your now. Good luck with your neurology training.

The way you tell your story is very inspirational , you have accomplished alot despite everything- very admirable indeed. I dont have much experience with all of this but Welcome!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Wow, truly inspirational! Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will be a great asset due to your medical knowledge. I hope you stick around Mohammed!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Mohammed and welcome! I am so sorry your Crohn's has given you such trouble. But, boy, it didn't hold you back one bit! Congratulations on becoming a doctor! You will be a terrific doctor, because I am sure you'll show your patients great empathy as you know what it is like to not feel well.

Have you been pretty much well since your surgery?

Thanks all for passing on my post :)
drmum i appreciate what you are doing as mother of two crohn patient, the role of the famIly is so important in supporting their children.
Dayz and dexky thanks for your words, it was not easy but with support of freinds and family everything can done.
To bet crohn,We should not allow the disease to interfer with our goals in our life :)
jill thanks for passing on my posts, after the surgery the qality of my life had improved markidky . now i will complete 2 years without admssion :)

ameslouise

Hi Mohammed and welcome!

Sounds like you've had a rough struggle over the years, but congrats to you on becoming a doctor! We love to hear success stories here and about how Crohn's doesn't have to hold you back from your dreams!

Good luck in your new career!

- Amy