• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to Group

Hi Everyone,

Recently, (about 4 years ago) I was diagnosed with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease). So this is my road to not recovery but to understanding and learning to accept that I will have to cope and work with this for the rest of my life. I am allergic to most of the medications so this has been difficult for me and has caused me to be extremely depressed. My thinking is that I am not the only one that is not able to take meds. Hoping this group will give me new ideas and alternatives to try and in return hoping I can help others with what I have learned. :)

Hi Fairyelements,

Sorry to hear you have had a tough time.
On this forum you will find a few members who had no success with the meds so looked for alternative help.
I had life changing success with AMP(Aloe Mucilaginous Polysaccarides) after battling CD for over 20 years.Despite 9 operations and many drugs i never had one day of remission.
I coped with CD which fluctuated from mild to severe.Looking for alternative help proved to be the biggest turning point of my life.
Helminthic Therapy is another forum member who went through most of the drugs,had operations etc but still never found remission.He used worm therapy (hence his user name) and like me had teriffic success.

I hope in time you can find a treatment which can give you a better quality of life.

Best Wishes

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Fairyelements and welcome! I am sorry you have had difficulties with the different treatment options. Are you taking anything at the moment? Any idea for a next step?

Unfortunately, we are all so different and it can take some time to figure out what works best. I sure hope you can find the right treatment plan for you.

I am seeing a new doctor at the end of the month so I am so hoping I can find some direction. I take prednisone and entocort. I am allergic to the other meds.