• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Here to learn

Hi! I am new to this forum. I found the link when I was searching for Martha Kalichman's book - found it on Amazon. I am a nurse educator. I do not have IBS, but have several friends who do. I am searching for resources for them and to become more informed my self.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi and :welcome:

What a fab thing you are doing for your friends!

You are more than welcome here but I have to point out that this is an IBD forum not an IBS forum. They can co exist but they are two very different things. Discussion on this forum centres around Crohns Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.

Dusty. :)

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I wanted to say, "Hello," and to welcome you to the forum. I am very impressed over the fact that there are caring health care individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to research illnesses/diseases that are uncommon, or less known. Please feel free to join in the discussions.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum! There are a few people on the forum who also have IBS and I hope they and we can all be of help to you. :D

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome! I actually have friends with IBS and IBD. I ordered the book for a friend's daughter who has ulcerative colitis. She has been hospitalized several times recently and may be facing surgery.

I noticed that Imuran seems to be a common drug in use with the group. I have some experience with that one myself, along with prednisone. I did not know that Imuran was used in IBD. See, you have taught me something already.