• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns is tough!

Hey everyone,

I got diagnosed with this horrible disease back in February 2011. At the start I certainly didnt know much about Crohns.
Been on different medicines which havnt worked, had severe reactions to each, only thing that provides relief are the steriods (Preds).
I am currently being weaned off these and awaiting to start Humira treatment which I am nervous about.
Suffering from flare up at present as preds are now losing effect on me due to weaker dose.
I would give anything for my old lifestyle back, was a world away from what it is now.
Anyway thats me, thanks for reading.

Samster

Astra

'Crohns is tough!'
Ya not codding!

Welcome Samster to our forum, hope you enjoy it!
We have a Humira Club thread here on the forum, lots of success stories, lots of info, try not to be scared of it.
Glad you found us
lotsa luv
Joan xxx

Thanks Joan, will defo check out Humira posts.
I seen a post from yourself in the diet section and read you can take vodka, curious to know what u mix it with?

Cheers
Sam

Astra

Hiya Sam

Yes I do drink vodka, with lemonade and ice, yummy!
Anything that's coloured like lager or wine or any alcopops crap cripples me!
Vodka in it's purest form has no ill effects on me!

Ah cool, So scared to try drinking incase sumthin happens... havnt drank since being diagnosed in Feb.
Suppose if i dont try ill never know..

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Sam and welcome! I am so sorry you haven't been able to find a successful treatment yet. I sure hope Humira does the trick. Several members have had success with it, and I hope you will be the next. When do you start? Good luck!

Hey Jill, Thanks for kind words.
Due to start Humira over next few weeks, waiting on hospital to give date.
Glad I have joined this forum, helped give me so much better knowledge than I had been getting.

Speak soon