• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Small Bowel Bypass

Hi, I'm new here but I'd like to get some feedback from some of you. March 2011 I had surgery because of Crohn's in the duodenum. I have since learned that this is rare location to have Crohns. I have had a scricture for a couple years until finally almost completely closed up. I couldn't eat solid food. The doctor told me that only other option was surgery. I talked to a surgeon and he suggested a gastro jayjunoscome (sp?). This is where the surgeon takes a loop of my small intestine that is healthy and brings it up to my stomach and sews it to the stomach so that I can have another avenue for food to go down. It was a tough recovery and I'm still a little sore in my abdomen where the incision was, but I am able to eat solid food now. I lost a lot of weight because of a hematoma around my incision after the surgery causing me a lot of nausea. So I really didn't eat for days. Has anyone had this procedure done?