• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bloody stools?

bloody stools?

I have had crohns since 2006, with a bowel restruction then a fistula removed and pus pocket drained in 2007. I have had diarrhea 3-4 times every night for the last 6-7 months and recently (past month) have seen like black specs in stools and on tp. The specs are small like pepper. Is this blood or something else. I have also lost like 10 pounds and have had mild pain in my sides.(almost like period cramps)The pain is not continuous. Plz give any advice

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome!! I think the specs are likely dried blood Jen! Are you on any maintenance meds? You should call your GI before it gets out of hand! Good luck!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! It could be dried blood from higher up in your GI tract. With this as a possibility, the weight loss, and pain, I would certainly call your GI and schedule an appointment for sooner than later. Good luck!

Dex- i am currently only on Asacol-3 pills twice daily.

I also have alot of mucus in my stools. I just am fustrated cuz I have no insurance at this time and it seems like it never fails> "when it rains it pours".
I leave in a week n 1/2 to go to florida for 2 weeks n im worried that i wont be able to go if i go to the docs now. I can tolerate the pain its just all the diarrhea n blood in it that im worried about!!! I will call my GI n let him know whats going on!!! Thanks everyone!!!!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Oh, yes, please phone your GI. I am sure not having insurance has held you back from contacting your GI. But if you hold off, things could get worse and much more expensive. Best to address this right away to avoid that from happening.

Please keep us posted!

ameslouise

I really recommend seeing your doc before you travel! Better safe than sorry, and better to be close to home if something is really wrong.

- Amy