• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi there

Hi everyone. Never joined any forum like this but all this information available on here from people who are experiencing the same is fantastic so couldnt not.

I was diagnosed with Crohns disease in 2008 after experiencing fairly mild symptoms ( this is in comparison to recent events!) was in remission and completely didnt take it seriously after that until recently and have now had two flare ups and hospitalised twice. :yfrown: Now on prednisolone 40mg AGAIN and starting azothioprine to get off these steroids!

Not sure what else i say right now so will keep reading the other posts. xx:

Hi Jules

welcome to the site, you have joined the best place, any questions you have just ask away. We all understand here what you are going through and many of us can relate to not taking it seriously in the beginning but it can quickly become part of your life, I'm not saying let it take over, just work around it when not well and mind yourself when you are, soon you will have your own routine, keep stress to minimum when you can and remember you had a taste of remission and you can have it again.

Best of luck

Gwen xxx

Welcome to the forum, Jules! :)

Sorry to hear you're back on the Pred. Hopefully the Imuran (azathioprine) works for you. Were you only on Pred before? If so, your recent flare-ups and hospitalizations may not necessarily have been due to the fact that you weren't taking your health more seriously. Steroids are usually only given temporarily, but your doctor should try to keep you on a maintenance med to keep the inflammation under control once you get of steroids. Or if you were on another medications other than Pred, it could have just been too weak to control the inflammation. Sometimes it takes a little bit of experimenting to get the right combo of meds and then there are times where the med we are on is no long as effective on its own and we've got to go to a stronger medicine.

Either way, I hope the Imuran works for you and you don't have to be on Pred for very long. :) Glad you found us and hope to see you around the rest of the forum!

David

Co-Founder
Hey there Jules and welcome! I'm honored that this is the first forum you've joined :)

I hope your latest course of treatment moves you towards remission!

See you around the forum. *hugs*