• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Living with crohns

living with crohns

I have had a lot of success treating my crohns disease with an illegal drug.I am not using it at the moment and am very ill.Unfortunately u cant keep taking this drug because if u get caught driving on it u will lose yr license.I would love to talk to someone about this as the quality of life when taking this drug is fantastic.I have no symptoms at all when on it i go to the toilet only once a day,sometimes only once every few days and my stuhl is solid.i have heaps of energy and not irritable and only take 100 mgs a day and never increase the dose.If anyone out there has the ability to run this drug on a trial basis would like to hear from u

I have heard of a lot of people being helped by that, although I wouldn't know personally. Could you get it medically prescribed to you? I have a friend who says it helps her and she gets it legally. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

I have heard of a lot of people being helped by that, although I wouldn't know personally. Could you get it medically prescribed to you? I have a friend who says it helps her and she gets it legally. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
wow i cant believe someone else has tried this as well.Having the guts to talk to a doctor about it is a major problem for me,i dont want him to look at me as some kind of druggy because im not,i just want some normality

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I have no idea what you guys are talking about but if you found something that works for you and some people are able to get it legally then try to find a doctor who's willing to prescribe it to you.

Welcome to the forum Flipper! :D

LOSTnut

Poopy
Are you talking about weed?

There is a separate thread for that in here and you might want to look into it. Not sure if medical marihuana is legal where you are but if it helps you so well, I hope you can get it.

flipper

Are you talking about weed?

There is a separate thread for that in here and you might want to look into it. Not sure if medical marihuana is legal where you are but if it helps you so well, I hope you can get it.
no mate not weed that makes u doey this stuff dries u out and keeps u awake with high energy levels

David

Co-Founder
My first reaction is of course to cringe but I think it's always best to keep an open mind about these things.

Yes, the street version of methamphetamine is indeed pretty much illegal everywhere. However, if it truly does make a huge difference for you and you're convinced it is the answer, talk to your doctor about it. I say this because you CAN get methamphetamine as a prescription. Is it prescribed for people with narcolepsy and even occasionally ADHD. It's not a first line treatment but it CAN be prescribed.

However, I would be concerned that the meth isn't actually helping your symptoms but just masking them. It is known to be a pain killer and obviously people on meth often go a long time without eating as well. So your actual symptoms and inflammation could potentially still be present AND you're getting the side effects of meth use.

I certainly would stay FAR away from any street use of the drug for a variety of reasons including impurities and potentially horrific side effects. My fiance sees meth addicts on a daily basis in her line of work and it's not pretty.

ameslouise

I don't even know how to respond to this but I just wanted to say Welcome!

I guess if you can get it with a prescription and under doctor's supervision, and it helps, could it be any worse for you than any of the other meds out there??? Even the very "safe" prednisone can mess you up pretty bad for life...

Like David said, we like to keep an open mind around here! Whatever works, as long as it's not too harmful...

Good luck! -Amy

Thanx for not judging me.Its not that i am looking of an easy way out i have tried every possible drug there is prescribed and i believe the side effects of those definetely outway or at least the same as the one i was using.As there is no known cure for crohns i believe that all the drugs they prescribe are a mask as well.They dont fix the problem just treat the symptons.I am a painter by trade but i also completed my nursing when i was younger so i do understand the potential harm that a street drug can cause.Of course addiction being the worse thing of all.But in saying that 150 mgs of prednisone twice a day can be very addictive as well,and the potential harm from this drug is not good either.So my belief is that if speed in pure form could be administered at approx 100 mgs a day to severe sufferers relief can be found.This is all just from my experience not from any text book.As for methanphetamines you get a feeling of euphorear this is not what i was trying to achieve.My life is full of love with 4 beautiful children and a loving wife(well most of the time anywaylol)so i certainly dont need to be in a daze under meth.All i am looking for is to feel good and speed gives me energy,no lethargy,controls bowel movements i suppose it has a lot to do with the amount of water u drink on it as well,and if taken real early in the morning by 9 at night after a meal u r ready for bed and wake up feeling fresh as a daisy.My concentration levels are very high and i find my attention to detail is exceptional.As for menial daily tasks they are not such a drag like when u feel sick because u want to do anything cause u feel good.I did have a colonscopy after about 12 months of taking the drug and my doctor stated that it was the best he has ever seen my crohns.usually he struggled to get the scope right up my terminal illeum but he said he was able to get right up there for the first time and it looked fairly good no flares just scarring.I would love to see a clinical trial done and c what the long term result would be.Once again feels great to talk to people who dont judge and air my feelings thanx

I did talk to a docter b4 i started who was a mate of mine as well.His main concern was the purity of the drug and if anyone could maintain 100 mgs a day and not increase the dose until it was outa control,But he said the drugs i was on the time were pretty bad for side effects as well so he didnt give me a go green light exactly but he didnt give me a red one either,Being a doctor in western medicine i suppose he couldnt really givwe me his approval to take an illicit drug.

flipper

How did you know that the meth might be beneficial to you?

And do you have a GI you can speak with now?
I didnt know but i had a fairly large company to run and i had no energy all the time becayse of constantly being in the toilet and not sleeping and one of my workers said to me one day u look terrible and suggested a pick me up,having not been into drugs i was apprehensive at first but decided to give it a try.I noticed the difference instantly and therefore decided to do my own trials.It maybe not for everyone but id rather live 10 qualty yrs than 15 painful yrs.No i dont have a gp at the moment that i have enlightened because its a hard thing to bring out to anyone

flipper

If speed couldnt be detected when u r driving i would definetly take it evry day for the rest of my life.I have tried a prescription drug called duramine before which is nearly as good but not as instant as speed.I did explain to my doctor what i was using it for to control my crohns and he didnt seem to have to much dramas with that