• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi everyone

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered and joined this forum, because my younger sister has crohn's. I read a lot about it, and about related topics, and of course I've seen first hand how much suffering this disease can cause. It does get very hard sometimes, because there's not a lot I can do, other than give her emotional support. I wish I could just take it all away for her... I think that's why I read so much about how diet and lifestyle can help, I'm always on the lookout for things she might be able to try.

Anyway, that's my crohns story! A little about me... I write fiction and love to read all kinds of things (lucky really, lol!). I like cooking (again, I'm always looking for recipes that my sister can eat safely), and I like dancing, yoga and tai chi. I'm learning German at the moment, and I really enjoy that.

So, thats me :) Nice to meet you all

lilchan

xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi lilchan and welcome! Providing your sister with emotional support is the best thing you can do! When I am not feeling well, it means a lot to me to know I have people who love and care about me. Your sister is very lucky to have you. Keep up the good work!

Wow, I would imagine German would be a difficult language to learn. Best of luck!

Hi lilchan,

Your sister is lucky to have such great support.
When you are ill you really find out what people (family & friends) you can trust.
It really taught me how to judge peoples characters.That is one thing i gained from all the years of CD.
My older brother speaks German - good luck with it!

Best Wishes

Welcome Lilchan! You are so great to be so supportive! My sisters are all very supportive, but my sister that lives in town is especially so. She is always there for me and it means so much.

Welcome to the forum! We are so glad to have you. :)

Thanks lilchan.

There are a lot of us here who have supportive family and friends, but some others who don't have as many people in their lives that understand or even try to understand. Just being knowledgeable for your sister will help her tremendously. I really appreciate people like you, and I'm sure your sister does too.

:hug: