• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hybrid taxis - not a stoma owners friend

Ok so I had my first (extremely) embarrassing stoma fart moment today.
I was in a hybrid taxi coming home from my boyfriends birthday dinner.. My stoma decided to sing. Loudly. Now I don't know about you Guys but when Mr. Whippy decides to fart it usually takes me by surprise unless I am lying down. It usually makes me jump also lol. As soon as he let it rip I freaked and said omg excuse me!!!! And the taxi driver gave me a really wierd look. I could have died. I was so embarrassed ! And the lame thing is I probably could have gotten away with it if I made another noise or something but these bloody Stomas are so surprising and shocking ! Do any of you have an excuse or cover up thing you do when u fart?

Anyway I have gotten over the embarrassment I just want you to know i am NEVER going in a hybrid taxi again! Eep!

Terriernut

Ooooh Charlotte. The first few times are the worst. Everyone says not to eat gas causing foods. But with Stan, it doesnt matter what I eat, he likes to talk! If you are in a super quiet area (like a hybrid cab!) just keep a hand over it, just in case. Thats what I do. Squish lightly to muffle if he decides to have a chat to the cabby. Or to anyone else. Around anyone else, just make a joke! Blame it on the dogs (my standby)

:hug:
Misty

Jeb has his moments of glory too. I've never been to embarrassed about it. Most of the time it's around people that I've known for a long time and know that this may happen. Most of the time I just tell him to shut up and no one wants to hear his two cents in the matter.
My favorite Jeb talk was during a heated meeting at work. There were about 10-15 people pretty much yelling at each other. Good times. I was standing up yelling, I mean stating my disagreement with the whole situation in a ::cough:: calmly manner ::cough::: and stopped talking. The crowd of people grew silent and out of no where Jeb let's rip a filthy diatribe in his native tongue. Now mind you I was extremely pissed off but I just pointed to my stoma and said, see he even agrees with me!
Pretty much everyone started to laugh and it "lighten" the atmosphere in the room.