• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello ~ my story

hello ~ my story

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I guess this is the place to introduce myself. I am 13 and was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 10. I was down to 48 pounds and kept the diarrhea I had been having for a few months from my mom. She already knew about the stomach aches I had but I guess it didn't sink in about how...serious they were. Well, I finally ended up telling her everything. I got bloodwork done, a colonoscopy and all that lovely stuff. I ended up on 4 medications (about 9 pills a day + remicade). I have been weaned off all my medications except Remicade!:thumright: I also have been lucky enough to have no surgeries. I have gained 40 pounds and grown 8 inches in the past 2 years!!

Lexi

David

Co-Founder
Hi Lexi and welcome! I'm glad you found your way here :)

If you're interested, we have a teen forum that is password protected. Just PM me for the password and I'll get you setup.

See you around! :)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Lexi and welcome to the forum! What a pretty name!

You are too young to have to deal with Crohn's, but I am so happy that Remicade is working for you! It has done wonders for so many, and I am glad you are one of them. I look forward to seeing you around!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome Lexi! My son was dxed at ten also! We haven't had your years of experience yet though. Good luck! I hope you find something here for you! Great state you're from:)