• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

My Story

My real name is Adam im 16 from the UK and i was diagnosed withe crohns in January 2010 after 2 cameras enough said. I had lost 3 st in 3 weeks and had completely stopped eating. I was put on alicalm a milk and 75mg of azathioprine following that i had a course of remicade (infliximab) and was in remission for around a year and a half and had a flare up. I had my azathioprine increased to 150mg a day and the a cores of infliximab on my second infusion i had a reaction which was a anaphylactic shock i couldn't breath and it was a emergency. I'm now awaiting a visit to see a doc about what to do next.

Welcome Adam. Best of luck on your new course of treatment. Hopefully your doctor will be able to get you back into remission soon!

Tesscorm

Staff member
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. My son is also 16 and was just diagnosed with Crohn's a few weeks ago. So far he's only been on an enteral therapy (liquid foods only) for about 3+ weeks, he has just under 3 weeks to go and then we go back to the doctor to find out what's the next action plan... Good luck to you at your doctor's visit - hope you get some treatment that works quickly for you!

Hey Adam.

I have also been through the grueling process of 'cameras' it is not pleasant at all.

Crohns is quite hard to control but once you get the right combination of medicines you should start feeling a lot better and hopefully have a much better life for the future. I was young when diagnosed as well so whatever happens try not to let it control you.

Nice to see your post.

Hey Adam.

I have also been through the grueling process of 'cameras' it is not pleasant at all.

Crohns is quite hard to control but once you get the right combination of medicines you should start feeling a lot better and hopefully have a much better life for the future. I was young when diagnosed as well so whatever happens try not to let it control you.

Nice to see your post.

Luckily i was at a children's hospital and was asleep for all of them.

Thanks all for your replies just a little update :) .

I went to see my doc and he has upped my Azathioprine to 175 mg and also my blood test showed i needed folic acid tablets im a little better work keeping my mind off my stomach and im managing fine at the min but not eating loads yet.