• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Oh the horror!!! lol

So I have been mostly an onlooker at this forum since my diagnoses last year with Crohns but I finally decided today that I would like to be able to talk to other people about my disease that aren't going to treat me like an invalid or downplay the constant related issues associated with crohns on a daily basis. I can totally relate to many of the people in the forum who went for years not knowing what was wrong with them and occasionally being treated like a hypochondriac. It was almost a relief to finally know what was wrong with me. I will admit that I do occassionally get depressed knowing that I will never be cured or have a completely normal life but a diagnoses of severe crohns disease is better than some of the other options. I am truly looking forward to sharing my experiences with others on this forum and I hope that at some point I may be able to offer someone support the way that many of the senior members have offered me.

Welcome to the forum. I was just diagnosed after 5-6 years of symptoms. I can totally relate to the depression part. When i went into the er and they told me i had crohns it took me a long time to come to terms with having something "incurable". I still struggle with it, especially when i feel bad. But I have to be greatful for what i have not what i don't have and try to live my life to the fulliest no matter the limitation. The only other option is to give up. Id rather live the life i've been given than to not live at all. I'm so happy i found this forum because i don't know anyone with crohns.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome KD! There are several undiagnosed sufferers on here who would share your relief to get a firm diagnosis. It's hard to fight back without the dx. Good luck!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi KD and welcome! Glad you officially joined us! Though Crohn's is challenging and scary, you are so right, it is "better than some of the other options". You've got to try to think positive. Like lola, focus on what you do have, not what you don't.

Once again, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum KD! I too can sympathize with the frustration involved in having an incurable disease like this. There are so many things I've missed out on and probably still will miss out on because I'm just not feeling well. I have an Uncle though who had UC and had a much harder time of it than I imagine I will with Crohn's. In his day all they had was Prednisone and surgery so I try to look at it in a more positive light given all of the options we have and all of the options that are being researched. Heck there is even almost a cure of sorts when you look at the success rate of autologous stem cell transplant!