• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bobby Vs Crohn's Disease - Body Transformation Competition

Hello,

I hope you're all well!

I am entering a body transformation contest, the prize is to be a cover model for a famous supplement brand!

I am hoping to raise awareness of Crohn's, and paticular Crohn's and bodybuilding.

I have created a Facebook page here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bobby...dy-transformation-competition/183531765037809

And you can follow my logs here:
https://www.phd-supplements.com/for...byparker-vs-Crohn-s-Disease&p=56928#post56928

I really want to get some interest, and hopefully some research can be done as I have found a high protein, bodybuilding style diet has helped me greatly!

I'm really impressed with this. I liked your facebook page and plan to follow your progress.

I've been trying to become more fit and gain weight myself and it's proving difficult. been working out the past month and while I've gotten stronger I haven't gained a pound. I know finding the right diet and supplements are key. I hope I can learn something from you.

Good luck! I will keep an eye on your progress.

I am hoping to train for a half marathon and the Tough Mudder next summer. I'm cleared to start jogging on Monday, I can't wait. Hahaha.

If anyone wants any tips, diet info, training tips...then please do contact me and I'll be happy to help. I strongly believe that my diet has helped me and kept me away from Crohn's. Here's what my current diet looks like:

6:15am Porridge + Protein + 2 Amino Tablets
9:30am Two slices of wholemeal bread + chicken breast + Nutty Oat bar
12:30pm Wholemeal pasta, vegetable rice and chicken breast + Bio Yoghurt
4:30pm Chicken breast + Spinach + two oat cakes
5:30pm two oat cakes + PWO drink
--Workout-- (6:00pm)
7:15pm Protein shake + Oat Bat
That's it for now, but I think the rest of the night will be as follows
8:30pm Chicken breast + Broccoli (Probably won't add a sweet potato as I won't be doing cardio tonight)
--Maybe a can of tuna if I get hungry--
11:00pm PhD Pharma Blend 6hr

Pwo means Preworkout. Protein is a protein shake. PhD phara blend is a slow releasing protein for before bed.

How many calories are you taking in a day? What is your maintenance calorie level? Of course you want a clean bulk so figure an extra 500 cal's a day, factor in the Crohn's and it might be even more. Your bulking diet looks more like a cutting diet.

Looked at your exercise log, that is a real overload on your biceps to the point of too much. What is your overall routine?

Hey, yeah it's definately more of a cut. But I'm keeping carbs normal before the gym and cutting down and most cases out after a workout. I'm still getting stronger, look a lot leaner and muscular!

Good job on all this Bobby. You're pretty motivated.

Looked at the logs, they look good. Bicep day too, looked fine - only 9 sets, i counted. Definitely not over working. That graf dudes has been going around correcting everyone on diet and fitness and he's alread 0/2 in correct answers himself. Just ask any of your muscle heads in the gym how many sets they do for an entire bicep workout. They will most all say somewhere between 9-12. National acadamy of sports medicine reccommends 9 if doing their split. Spot on bud. I'll do 3x straight barbell curls, 2x bent-over concentrated (with emphesis on twist of wrist near the end of motion), 3x hammer curls, and 2-3x incline depending if my bi's feel they still have juice.

Hey man! Good luck! I changed my diet a few months ago and I haven't had a lick of pain since then. I've been able to get back to the gym and do lots of calisthenic/gymnast stuff with friends. Pretty much cut out high fructose corn syrup, eating more fish, taking fish oils and aloe vera. Definitely will check on your progress. I've been recording videos of my progress doing tuck planches, handstands, planche pullups and weighted pullups and will probably put a montage on youtube at some point. Good to see people overcoming!

7:00AM - 2 scoops protein(Gaspari MyoFusion is one I recommend) + 100g oats + 20ml olive oil - 60g protein, 80g carbs, 30g fats, 900 cals

9:00AM - 200g sweet potato + 150g chicken - 40g protein, 40g carbs, 320 cals

11:00AM - 2 x Protein Flapjack bars (CNP flapjack Bars I recommend)- 36g protein, 70g carbs, 14g fat, 550 cals

12:30PM - 250g rice + tin tuna - 40g protein, 70g carbs, 5g fats, 485 cals

2:30PM - 2 scoops myofusion + 100g oats + 20ml olive oil - 60g protein, 80g carbs, 30g fats, 900 cals

4:30PM - 200g sweet potato + 150g chicken - 40g protein, 40g carbs, 320 cals

5:30PM - train - 20g BCAA's + 100g Maltodextrin - 400 cals

7:30PM - evening meal (will differ day to day) - aim for 500 cals

10:00PM - 2 scoops myofusion + 100g oats + 20ml olive oil - 60g protein, 80g carbs, 30g fats, 900 cals

totals -

protein - 395g
carbs - 640g
fats - 105g
calories - 5000 roughly

That's a bulking diet. Obviously don't jump straight in to it as it's a lot of calories. If you train well, you won't gain considerable amount of fat either.

Hey guys,

Just a quick update to let everyone know...

I WON! I will be a cover model endorsed by PhD Nutrition and be featured in various mens health and fitness magazines! I have also won £1,000 worth of sports supplements and a 12 month athletes contract with PhD!

I have also managed to raise awareness for Crohn's disease, and will be doing as and when I can throughout my journey and where this competition takes me!

I have also discovered that I am symptom free! I think it may be a high protein diet! I'm not sure, but urge anyone who is looking for something different to help get rid of symptoms to give a high protein diet a go, and anyone who's looking to make a body transformation and make a change to do so! And any doubts, or advice. Just contact me! Either on this forum or at bobbyparkeruk(at)gmail.com!

WOW! quite the transformation, I'm not surprised to hear you won! Also glad to hear that you are symptom free, sounds like life is good right now! Enjoy the fruits of your labor and stay healthy :)

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
BOBBY!!!! Congratulations, both on the big win and on the big transformation - that's outstanding. I remember when you first posted about entering this contest and being so impressed that you were taking on the challenge, and now the results are...wow.

Thanks for the comments! It really means so much! I've also had an interview with a fitness magazine and was asked about Crohn's! Getting it out there folks!

Didn't drink anything! Was 100% strict, for the first time in my life. It was hard, but I wanted this so much. I am now a sponsored 'athlete' with one of the biggest sport supplement brands! Going to be an exciting year. Don't let Crohn's control you, but you control the Crohn's! Speaking with another local member who has crohn's, and he's eager to do something similar in the new year, Be interesting to see how it helps him!