• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diagnosis: Passed out in dormitory hallway (not drunk)

Thanks for taking the time to read this! I've had Crohn's for about a year and a half, and I was diagnosed when I was 19.

My diagnosis was dramatic (at least it seemed that way to me): I passed out in the hallway of my dormitory building, after having general stomach pain for about a month. I was rushed over to the emergency room, and when I went in for surgery, the docs thought that I had appendicitis. Well, when I woke up, I discovered a 6-inch incision, because they ended up removing 9 inches of bowel (terminal ileum).

I missed out on 3 weeks of class, and I barely made it up in 2 months to complete the semester... my professors were amazingly helpful though!

I've only met two people that have Crohn's Disease, and we don't talk much... so I'm here so I can vent/ask stuff! Thanks again for reading!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Welcome! I'd say passing out may have been fortunate for you! Many suffer the pain for years w/o the docs taking them seriously! Good luck!

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome! You have come to the right place. The forum is so helpful to learn more about Crohn's and to talk to others who know exactly what you are going through. I am sure you will find it as helpful as I have!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Welcome! There are many people your age here - lots of 'more experienced' (although we wish we weren't!).....and tons of info.

Sit down, visit a while,.....and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Hey sweetie,

You sound so brave, to only miss out three weeks of class after a surgery! Welcome to Crohnsforum. Lots of information to be found here, and lots of sweet people! :)

xoxo