• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Good news from the doctor

I've been lingering around wondering if I should post this. If you remember from my first post on here I saw a GI Aug 2009 and was given a colonoscopy right away. The colonocopy showed inflammation and he said I had UC but wanted to wait to treat me...well he never treated me and he refused my phone calls. I spent the next year "dealing". I went to the ER a couple of times and was given some IV fluids, CT scans and then sent away with pills that wouldn't help(and they told me they wouldn't help) Finally Aug 2010 I got so bad that I needed a blood transfusion and was in the hospital for a week. Then I was diagnosed with severe UC, later biopsies and bloodwork came back crohns. I later found out that in a year the disease had ripped through my entire colon instead of being localized in a transcending colon.

After my diagnosis I felt much better, I was sent home with prednisone and lialda. The prednisone had me in remission but after weaning off it the lialda wasn;t enough to keep me in remission, so I was prescribed 6mp. I was put on 25 mgs at first and it went ok but after bloodwork came back it wasn't good enough so my doctor put me on 50mgs. With everything combined together it has started to work, and after bloodwork it shows everything working together. I can officially say I am in remission

Glad they found out what was wrong so they can get you feeling better. I have had crohns for 23 years. I have been on Remicade for 10 years and that is all I am on. I don't have any problems and I feel good.
April