• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lizstorey

lizstorey

hi,
i am new to all this but felt i wanted to chat with others and share exsperiences . so here goes,

i have had crohn's for some 14 years. i have had a major resection and have been on medication throughout this time.

i have managed to hold down a full time job as a staff nurse in a hospital.
i now find my self struggling with intense fatigue and am having yet another flare up , i have just stated a liquid diet of fortisip compact, hoping to give my bowel some rest , i am hoping that others would share their exsperiences with me especially any positive feedback on liquid diets, does it just mean fortisip !!!!!! look forward to responses.

Crohn's Mom

Hi Liz...
I have no experience with the liquid diet, but I wanted to say hi and welcome !
I'm sure someone will be along to help you with your questions soon :)

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Hi Liz and welcome! I haven't done a liquid diet, so I can't offer any advice. But if you are in "another flare up", perhaps you should speak to your doctor about your current treatment. It may be time to make some adjustments. But whether it's through a liquid diet or change in meds, I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

new friends

Thanks for your replies,
so good to know there are others out there that understand , i should have tried this years ago i may not have had to go through the years feeling alone ....

i have been on this liquid diet a few days now, and so far i am not missing the food,,, but time will tell , i think its because when i was eating solids it was causing pain and i was becoming more lethargic as the day went on.

i am on methotrexate , this i have been taking for 6 years....
folic acid
B12 injections...
i have been on different types of medication throughout the years , including steroids and budesomide,,, all worked for a short time.

My major op was back in 1997 , having most of my large bowel removed , and now the remainder is inflamed with a 12cm stricture , so i another resection is probably not the answer , my consultant is looking towards an ileostomy .........but wants to try to settle the intestine before making a descision...

so advice and exsperiences welcome, but most importantly contact with others .
:ghug: