• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to forum but not to Crohns

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum and I just wanted say hi. I have been on Remicade going on 5 yrs now. I first started with an every 8 week infussion at 200 mg, now I am up to 650 mg and going every 6 weeks. I have been on 650 mg and 6 weeks for about a yr and a half and it seems as if I maybe becomming immune to it now. I'm having alot of flare ups and diarreah. I'm also having constipation. I'm going to see doc on 27 th of July to discuss what's next. At first I was thinking that it might have been due to stress cause I'm going through a seperation with my husband, but my nurse who does the infussion said that it could be more so she set the appointment up for me. I will know more in a month or so. It sure is comforting knowing that there are people out there that is going through the same thing as I am :)

Crohn's Mom

Hi emichels and welcome to the forum :)

I sure hope it's just stress that's causing your issues and the Remicade continues working for you!
Best of luck and hope to see you around!

Welcome to the forum, emichels!

I was on Remicade briefly, but it didn't work out for me. I think it's a good idea that you talk to your doctor about your symptoms and that, yes, perhaps it might be time to switch from Remicade to another biologic or drug. Is Remicade the only biologic you've tried so far?

I think you're spot on about the relationship between stress and the onset of Crohn's flares. The slightest bit of stress gets my tummy going. And a separation is a pretty huge life change with so much emotion attached to it that it is a stressful time. Remember to keep breathing!

There's a Remicade subforum under Treatment, and you might want to browse through some of the threads there to see if people have had similar experiences as you.

Take care of yourself, and again, welcome to the forum!

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome. I hope your next meeting with your doctor will provide a new course that works for you! I'm so sorry to hear about your stressor though, *hugs* to you.

I'm glad you found your way here. I hope to see you around the community :)