• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

First flare up

first flare up

My son has had Crohns 4 yrs, was on pentasa. This drug has not worked so I was put on a immunmodulators 6MP just started. I have such fatigue and lack of appetite. I also take multivitamins, iron, vitamin D.
Does anyone have ideas how to increase appetite?

Last edited:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi Ruby and :welcome:

I'm glad you found your way here 'cause this is a fab place for support and info!

Where is your Crohns located? Have you had your B12 checked?

As Dex has suggested check out the diet and exercise section. My son always had issues with his appetite and fatigue when he was flaring but these resolved once things were brought under control.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Much love, :hug:
Dusty. xxx

Ruby,
My son had a tremendous appetite before being diagnosed. It still waxes and wanes. He has found that usually it is better to eat small amounts at a time. I would often add supplements to anything he did eat. I was concerned about calcium so anything that had extra calcium, I would buy. Sometimes he would just drink something like Ensure or carnation instant breakfast. Sometimes he didn't like extreme temperatures and would eat or drink things at room temperature. It's a constant activity to find a combination and even then, it changes.
Good luck and will be thinking of you.