• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Possible chrons or u/col

possible chrons or u/col

Hi my name is michael i live in the uk, i have suffered from diarhea on and off since i was small .
When i was about 18 months old i had gastro enteritis really bad lost halve my body weight according to my mum.
Recently i have not been feeling very well, seen the doctor had blood tests done
i have anemia and low white blood cells ,borderline diabetic,but i am loosing blood internally.
no blood found in stools celiac disease came back negative liver ok.
My dad started off with u/colitis about 6 years ago he now as chrohns and a pouch on his side and is in a bad way.
Today i have had the runs and stomach cramp and nausea.
i have got to have a colonoscopy in the next 2 weeks to find out more.
I just want answers now and thats why i joined to see if i can get info from persons who are suffering.
regards mick.

Hello Mick and welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it just now...
sooner you get the colonoscopy and a diagnosis
the sooner the docs can start getting you back to better health.

Keep us posted and we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

All the best~Nancy

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome to the forum Michael (great name by the way ;))!

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have been experiencing as of late. I feel you might not be able to get any concrete answers until your colonoscopy as you will find people who have the same disease on this forum can also have very different symptoms.

Try not to stress about this at all before the colonoscopy as that certainly will not help manager your symptoms. I knwo this is much easier said then done. Just know we are here for you to answer any of your questions or for some support!

Hi Mick and welcome to the forum.. You will find lots of support and feedback here. I would not stress to much until your testing is complete. Keep us updated and I hope you start feeling better soon